Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sigma Eye Shadow Base Swatches

Sigma Beauty has released the long awaited eye shadow bases. They sell individually at a cost of $13.00 for a 5g jar. This is the same amount of product as a MAC paintpot but at a much better price.

The packaging is round and sleek, a bit thick for the size of the product pot, but I am not picky about packaging. I care about the product and if it works.
 

There is a inside cap to help prevent drying of the product. Keep this inner seal if you want your product to last. A big downfall with MAC fluidline and Paintpots is that they dry out so incredibly fast which makes them difficult to work with and thicker than they should be.


These are incredible pigmented whole being SO thin and creamy in consistency. I love that about them. Being a makeup artist I work on all skin types and all ages. Putting a thick cakey base on an eye which is aging will cling and look TERRIBLE! So these are a god send!


The"Bare" Bases


 In my opinion, persuade is an almost exact dup for MAC paintpot in "painterly"


The "Dare" Bases





 Flare

 


Provoke is the only colour in all honesty that I could do without as I do not use peaches on myself or clients. These swatches were all taken in natural light and the camera does not do them justice.

If you prefer to have the three bases in one kit, it is an option at a price of $36.00 USD . Including a brush. Which is a savings of $3.00 per three bases if bought as a kit. I personally took them out of the kit and put them all into their own traincase as well as all the individual eyeshadows. That is what works better for me :)






Now, what everyone wants to know is how do they hold up for creasing. So far so good. I have not used all colours for a day of wear as I very rarely wear makeup at home on a daily basis. I did use Sculpt which is a shimmery charcoal on my daughter Madison for a school talent show last week where I had her done up like Lady Gaga. I did her makeup at 6:15 a.m. and she came home at 3pm. Her eyeliner was a mess, and there was a very, very faint crease line in one area on her lid after nine hours which is pretty good on an oily teenager with all the sweating in the talent show etc. As I wear them I will continue to share my thoughts on how they last throughout the day.

Dana xo

No comments:

Post a Comment